Energy drinks improve gameplay?

At first I was skeptical, but then I drank a monster, and like I was 110-7. Then the next day without the energy drink I suck ass lol. So does the extra caffeine help improve reflexes or am I crazy and should stop playing DM? Lol, does anyone else have the same experience?

heh, teh mind tricks…

tell ya lil story; when i was just a little valar i heard about how i can OWN by changing my rates. so i did and i totally OWNED the first game. then i checked my settings and saw i’ve wrriten them the wrong way and that i didn’t even change anything.
then i sucked again. :blush:

[quote="[EYE] Valar"]
heh, teh mind tricks…

tell ya lil story; when i was just a little valar i heard about how i can OWN by changing my rates. so i did and i totally OWNED the first game. then i checked my settings and saw i’ve wrriten them the wrong way and that i didn’t even change anything.
then i sucked again. :blush:
[/quote]

Heh, heh! Well see the first time I did it, I was casually drinking, and I thought I noticed a difference then I payed attention while drinking one. So i’m not sure if its all mind games. But I loved your story. :mrgreen:

YEA MONSTER!!
Just had one for the first time in ages, used to drink em all the time, for me they didnt help gameplay but they kept me up a bit longer.
Maybe its just ur enthusiasm that is helped.

And yea, for energy drinks, monster is THE BEST!

MONSTER YEA! WOOOOOOOO!!

Energy drinks can boost you up a bit to where you are more aware and responsive to in game situations. I used to drink them quite often, and I would notice a slight improvement in my game play. The thing is though they are not really good for you, and I wouldn’t advise drinking them on a daily basis. Most of them are full of sugar and too much caffeine ends up disrupting your sleep which can lead to other problems.

Yeah WOO MONSTER!

I wouldn’t drink them on a daily basis, but sometimes I just can’t seem to react to anything. Tonight was a perfect example. Sometimes its natural and other times I get my ass kicked at Gdawggs… :confused:

I drink them all the time. I don’t notice a difference at all.

Caffeine is a performance booster. Most sports limit the amout of caffeine pre play to about 2 cups.
It definitely can help motor reflexes and alertness.
It also takes 6 hours to metabolize caffeine, so expect no sleep for at least 6 hours after your last caffeine drinks.

yeah caffeine can definitely improve your reflexes and alertness which will definitely help your game.

just be careful how much of it you drink, because having caffeine jitters can negatively affect your game as well.

I drink tea all the time… dread to think how bad I’d be without it :cry:

screw monster, smoke meth.

:agree:

I’m da beft haf wife pwayer here!

Last tooth falls out

:astonished:

it was worth it.

that contradicts something i saw down at the science museum recently, there was this time-your-reactions thing there, alongside was a blurb that mentioned the fact that caffeine does NOT enhance your reaction time, only makes the reaction more “forceful”.

I mentioned enthusiasm :stuck_out_tongue:

Caffeine can make ur hands shaky anyways.

I like the feeling of a natural energy drink with green tea rather than a red bull or rockstar with the chemicals. You don’t get a crash and its a gradual energy boost. Sometimes I can feel it and it assists with my reaction time if I am tired that day. A real good balance, when you get too wired off anything is sweet mary jane - she can calm even the most savage beast. :smiling_imp:

It obviously helps the scout!

five hour energy. FTW

Six Hour Power pwnz 5 hour energy :wink: