HL2DM Buglist

Some glitches in this game make it what it is, like auto reloading weapons and how if you fire a cbow at a mine when your standing on it, it seems to slide very slowly across the floor.

–But one thing I want fixed is sometimes if your walking around or moving you get some kind of glitchy slowness (like your half stuck in the ground or something) and the only to get out of it is to jump. This is very annoying with low grav play.

–Spawn points where if there isn’t enough in the map you can actually spawn inside other players or when you do spawn players suicide.

–Have some kind of option to disable or create players semi-solid, so an afk player cant block a doorway and in teamplay you wont bump into each other all the time etc. (like in L4D where you can sort of walk in each other but you move slightly to the side).

–Ive also noticed that sometimes if you create a trigger_gravity and you die inside it, then you can stay on that gravity for the whole match.

–Func_conveyor’s: MAKE A FLAG TO MOVE OBJECTS AS WELL AS PEOPLE!!! (if that already exists I’ve never found out how…)

cl_forcemodel or make models better balance no glowing eyes or sticks that buzz or big boots that jingle.
readyup that actually works controlled by sv_readyup 1 for example.
sv_spawn_protection (but it means less plugins)
map voting tools
clan tag support (I assume it will use OB friedns name_)
Built in hitsound exempt form sv_pure 2 so we can change it.

new models! lol…tired of the existing ones.

mmmm idk…maybe add the thirdperson mode and fix the smoothing/drive cam bugs when playing demos

also the floating muzzleflash of weapons

Been away for a few days, so havent been able to respond

Repectfully, I dont think anyone here gives a rats ass about what CSS or any other game has. This is HL2DM and Bhop is part of what makes HL2DM what it is. Just because its toggleable in CSS doesnt mean we have to make it toggled in HL2DM. There is a reason why people continue to play HL2DM. Remove bhop or allow it to be removed by enough noob server owners and we all might as well switch to CSS or COD because no one will want to learn it anymore.

However making it some kind of achievement might not be so bad an idea, at least that might put an end to the “OMG its a hax” syndrome. Honestly though Im not sure how that would work because its not exactly a weapon or an upgrade you can just turn on with kills, ranks, points. Unless you completely change the game code to make the game not recoginze the keys and key strokes that make bhop possible, but that again might be a means to eliminate it altogether.

Getting ready to emailing this list to Valve
we still need demos recreating the bugs mention above (not all, just those that are harder to understand to anyone not playing the game)
takers?

I could do a few of the slam glitches any map preference for this?

yes. only using stock maps.
the bugs in question were mentioned earlier in the thread. read back.
thx!

Bug fix and remove the annoying objects in the stock maps.

SLAMS demo!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KMJUS73M

not sure if I covered all of them but the michaeljacksoning showed up more times than intended. Fucking slams… covered clipping issues, slams on props, and some form of invisible laser as well as the slam shuffle.

Not sure if this was mentioned or is in the initial list but when some props in game appear clientside but are not really there, they can be pushed(Barely) but not grabbed, welded to the floor would be a good description.

Great! thanks.
need more ! :smiley:

Make it so cl_autowepswitch actually works as intended with ammo and not just weapons.

Fix the RPG last rocket bug.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u4xMdEypZo

i don’t understand. autowepswitch is meant for weapons.
besides, how do you auto switch ammo?

[quote="[EYE] Valar"]

i don’t understand. autowepswitch is meant for weapons.
besides, how do you auto switch ammo?
[/quote]

I think he means if you’re running around with a weapon without ammo, say a mag, and you pick up rounds for it you autiomatically switch to that weapon? I dunno I dont think that happens to me

I think he means if you’re running around with a weapon without ammo, say a mag, and you pick up rounds for it you autiomatically switch to that weapon? I dunno I dont think that happens to me
[/quote]

That is what i mean pretty much.

1. Fire magnum until empty
  2. switch to SMG
  3. pickup magnum ammo or magnum gun
    Works with other weapons also e.g crossbow and RPG

http://rapidshare.com/files/419742533/wepswitch_0.dem.html

BUG

Grenades and physics such as barrels cannot be caught if an enemy is in your crosshair, might be the case if a team mate too. it makes grav nading especiallyhard, sometimes I find myself simpy throwing the nade because of this bug.

1. this from now (post OB)?
    and
  2. cl_autowepswitch still a working cvar in OB or gone now?
  1. I notice it alot more in this engine now.

2. cl_autowepswitch still exists and works the same in OB as it did in previous engine there is no change in its behaviour, its just an anoying bug I woudl like fixed thats all.

[quote="[EYE] Valar"]
Buglist

• An xbow shot hitting Weapons/Item - should pass through them
    Info_item_crossbow_ammo is “rolling away” after first respawn
    Weapon_RPG endless sound loop bug
    [/quote]

Valar, these three were already present in the old engine.

this thread was supposed to create a solid bug list to be sent to Valve BEFORE the OB port. not after. thread is obsolete.

ahh… ok.
When I read “shotgun bug still present” I misunderstood the point then.

But I don’t recognize most of these bugs as old ones tho…