Ideas for a good plugin

Several people have asked me if I would make my headshot plugin an admin plugin so the HL2DM community would have something stable for us, rather than working with plugins that are based on CS:S or DOD:S.

That being said, what would you like to see in a plugin, admin or otherwise?

I already have some combat modes in the works. 1v1 matches, elimination mode, and so forth. I’m also working on a way to make my plugin talk with other servers who also have the same plugin so you can practice/play on one server while waiting in line to play a match on another server.

I have a forum on my hl2plugin website, but not many people post there. I’m hoping I’ll get some good ideas here.

Thanks,
Keeper

I think a "barebones" HL2DM admin plugin would be nice. My wishlist would be:

• votemap
  • motd
  • timeleft
  • A function to play sounds
  • kick and ban options

I will try to think of other ideas and get back to you.

WT

I’d be looking for:

• stats
  • rcon commands from the gui
  • things that WT said

Things that would be ideal for a more full version:

• map-rotation setup
  • customizable admin menu
  • damage report

Hope that helps a bit. I’m coming from admin’ing with Mani quite a bit, and I really did like most things that they did with that.

translator for chat

I think one of the best plugins is the one that keeps your score when you return from a crash. That can be pretty useful for tournies also!

That’s already in my next release :D Just got to find the time to get the sucker polished off…

One more thing I’ve been thinking about is a way to choose configs on map-restart. It’d be nice to set a server in “match mode” for a bit, play a few rounds of matches, then set it back to “pub dm/pub tdm” via an admin command and have it load only those cfg’s.

Thanks again, Keep. The idea of a HL2 specific admin plugin sounds… sexy.

hl2dm needs a fun mod to bring some players in

i’d say a mod mimics zobie mod for cs.s would be good or just a hl2dm game played in cs.s style to bring some cs.s players over

also make hl2dm pro a server side plug-in would be great

if the only thing you can really bring is a GUI it’s worth it

with the ease you can admin your own server from this, makes it well worth it for server owners

Well as nino said bring some promod stuff over. What I’d like to see is the STEAM ID’s on the list that displays scores. I just thought it was a good idea and DM should’ve had it.

this is what the dod.s community did

they put out prodod which had basicly like hl2dm pro made a mod version of the game closer to what it was on the hl engine but it was too much change and ppl didn’t want to use it so it died. But then this season they came out with a simple plugin that did changed stuff but kept everything from getting to out of hand because they had to drop a lot of ideas and only use the few that worked. Now everyone enjoys it.

Well I also think that the STEAM IDs thing would be great for match play, in-case a team tries pulling a fast one on you if they have a player that’s not on their roster you can just match their steam ids easier this way.

Also, It’d be nice to have the amount of time re-maining in the round at the top of the screen, as in the hl2dm promod.

Finally, I don’t know if this has already been said and not too sure it’s possible, to have a headshot indication to the left side of the name when a player is killed by a magnum headshot.

[quote="Scar":1yvwibwu]

Also, It’d be nice to have the amount of time re-maining in the round at the top of the screen, as in the hl2dm promod.

Finally, I don’t know if this has already been said and not too sure it’s possible, to have a headshot indication to the left side of the name when a player is killed by a magnum headshot.[/quote:1yvwibwu]

u can bind a key in options for that

i think their is a plug-in for it… or at least you would need a plug-in

Yeah I have F1 as timeleft but it’d generally be easier for everyone, if it is possible, to make it is like in the promod. If it can’t be done, oh well. Just thought it would be a good idea.

I agree, it would be nice to see a running clock rather than having to check the time constantly.

the clock thing i dont think is really an issue.

In my server after 2 minutes of being afk your moved to spectator, i’ve had to tell several players how to leave spec, most just reconnect… but it should say something at the bottom of your screen for the players that dont have a clue.

that would also be a plug-in for the time

i agree it’d be better for some that really get into the match

Well, this news is a week old, but seems like it might be time for me to get on the ball with the admin functions:

[quote:3mh8m67q]You may probably wonder why there haven’t been any updates to the Mani Admin Plugin for a long time. On behalf of Mani I can tell you nothing more then that he is very busy with a lot of things in his private life and has no time to work on the plugin at this moment. Right now we do not know for how long this is going to be but you can be sure this is [b:3mh8m67q][u:3mh8m67q][i:3mh8m67q]not something for a month or 2.[/i:3mh8m67q][/u:3mh8m67q][/b:3mh8m67q][/quote:3mh8m67q]

A couple more updates and mani could be gone … completely.

[quote="ninojman":3tjfkjoe]hl2dm needs a fun mod to bring some players in

i’d say a mod mimics zobie mod for cs.s would be good or just a hl2dm game played in cs.s style to bring some cs.s players over[/quote:3tjfkjoe]

would either be possible for a plug-in?

DISMEMBERMENT FTW!!!