ptrain.

What level on ptrain can you beat?

0 voters

Stuck on level X. :?

But hey, it’s progress. Thx to Neo for some tutelage on the basics.

Two things that have really helped me is reducing the resolution so I can clearly see my speed (makes the numbers bigger for my old eyes); and setting sv_cheats 1 and host_timescale .65 for practice on a listen server. Slowing the timescale makes movement a bit like slowmo so I can really concentrate on the movement. After awhile, I went back into console and set the timescale back to 1, then lowered my mouse sensitivity to 3.5. Worked well for me… but still a loooooooooooooooong way to go before applying this in everyday play.

X is a bugger, took me a while to get past it, XI is pretty much the same as X so I done that no bother now I’m stuck on XII and can’t really be arsed with it anymore :lol:

Also there is a way of making your cl_showpos larger if you’re having trouble seeing it :shock:

[quote=“Jelly Fox”:2bp0lt4x]
Also there is a way of making your cl_showpos larger if you’re having trouble seeing it :shock:[/quote:2bp0lt4x]

Aye, that’s what she said. :lol:

[quote=“Jelly Fox”:3z5mvvic]
Also there is a way of making your cl_showpos larger if you’re having trouble seeing it :shock:[/quote:3z5mvvic]

sv_cheats 1, set_h4x_on, sv_i_m_blind_dammit, make_pos_bigger, set_h4x_off , then no_more_buddha_h4x.

And there ya go :) lol

[quote="cyber_clash":1u95s4ni] sv_i_m_blind_dammit

And there ya go :) lol[/quote:1u95s4ni]

:lol: lmao /win

rofl xD

I know that alot of people have problems at 12… ( after seeng the poll ) and I think the reasone is, is that once you have passed 1-11 you have masterd the ground movement required, but 12 is the first one that requires air controle to pass, you need to remember to turn and strafe in mid air in order to maintain and even add to the velocity you got from the strafe jump, once you have learnd that, you will be able to pass 12. :wink:
remember that air controle is the key to pass 12 and up, with practive you will do well. :D

wo0t nice tip…I’ll try to concentrate on that next time ;D
thx for the advice

There are already two votes for jump 15 and I haven’t voted yet. Who claims to be #3?

I can get level 5. Whoopeee!
Very bad.

Seagull and Bunny?

Apparently I’ve been out of the loop too long. Who is Bunny?

Yay in a few months I moved up 2 ptrain levels. I’m awesome. Yeah 12 sucks…and I tried 15 for shits and giggles and it looks like I can get close but no cigar. :frowning:

Who is Bunny?

some guy who tried a new way of doing it and worked.
He used the wall to gain speed while in mid air, and got out with it.
You can get his demo here. http://www.hl2dm-university.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=905

i still have yet to see him do it live :frowning:

i still have yet to see him do it live > :frowning:

I doubt he will, it’s not as easy as you think/might seem. =/

lol i dont think its easy i cant even do 13 but i gotta find someone who has seen him do it atleast

Read the poll, sir Tarkan!@

“What level can you get to on ptrain?”

I’m pretty sure everyone can get to 15 just by walking through the portal! ;o

ROFL! Nothing like pointing out the logical.

Yeah I noticed that too. Kind of ruins the validity of the poll doesn’t it? Oh well.